Ocean Floor


Ocean Floor
I am afraid of the ocean floor
I am never to set foot offshore
I am not one to lack valor
I am one to explore nevermore

Mother says that there are animals there
Mother says that there is a bear
Mother says that is his new frontier 
Mother says he was an adventurer extraordinaire 

That is no place for such a beast
That is no place for him to feast
That is no place for one of east 
That is a place for the deceased

This beast of the east once was a woman
Her name was Lui Yang
Riddled in mischief her story began
This beast of the east a melody sang

Her music told of an evil magician
Her music told of illicit acquisition
Her music told of avarice and ambition
Her music told the reason of her condition 

There are many animals chained like me
There are scaly, hairy, leathery and feathery
There are many souls swindled and beastly
There are many here with me undersea

We were all once people of liberty
We were all once without responsibility
We were all once in the magician's vicinity
We were all once near nobility

One by one the song of the animals die
One by one the distant wails ask why
One by one the silence of the calls satisfy
One by one the tell me my tale will terrify 

I am afraid of the ocean floor
I am never to set foot offshore
I am sad for souls beyond seashore
I the ocean floor abhor

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts