Το κώμα θεραπεύει

 Justin Vera                         Creative Writing                    February 15, 2018

Το κώμα θεραπεύει

            Crunch, crunch, crunch…Mr. Alesandro walked out of his home and into his Bugatti Chiron and went off to work.

“Good Morning Mr. Costopoulos”

Καλημέρα όμορφη
“Mr. Costopoulos a woman called and she claimed to be your mother. I immediately hung up but she keeps calling what would you want me to do about it sir?”
“You answered! Well I guess you can replace the phones in the building. Yes that’s it! It’s done! Change them all! That will fix the problem. If I am needed I shall be in my office. Helen. Next time don’t answer.” 
               He went up the elevator with briefcase in hand and Falcon Supernova Pink Diamond iPhone 6 in other. 

“Ahhgh!!!!! What! What! What do you want from me? More money! If its money that you wanted then you could have just said so you didn’t have to come here!”

“S...”

“Don’t even dare woman! You shall never call me that! Spit it out! Why is it that you are here!?”

“You know what Alesandro, I don’t want your money, which reminds me, here… in that briefcase is your filthy money. I hope the bank of Greece can safeguard the one thing you cannot buy.”

“You came here do that? You really are a fool woman! Do I not work at a bank? Could you not have deposited it there?”

“It wasn’t only that that I wanted to do. I’m dying. I was diagnosed with stage four lung cancer. I am expected to only live five more years.”

“Damn! That long? Why? What did you do for the doctor?”

“Sniff, you bastard!”

“Good riddance to bad nuisance ahahah.”

            The day was over and Alesandro walked out the front door. He sliced a path for his aristocrat feet as his creased pants hacked away in front of him. He got into the Bugatti and drove off. He checked his playlist.

“Ah Acdc, maybe a little problem child…

Cut this
I'm hot
And when I'm not
I'm cold as ice
See me comin' (get out of my way)
Step aside [just step aside]
Or pay the price
What I want I take
What I don't I break
And I don't want you
With a flick of my knife
I can change your life
There's nothing you can do…

BAMM! A semi-trailer T boned his car and sent him along with thousands of glass shards flying in the air. The car ended up on its top and the driver inside seemed to be lifeless. The police quickly surrounded the scene but the driver had vanished. No one seemed to recognize the person inside nor did they want to by the sight of the car then they realized it was most likely the CEO of The Bank of Greece.

“Does the patient have any family to notify?”

“We called his secretary Doc. She said he had fought with his mother and she had never heard of any other immediate or distant family member.”

            His body laid on the bed, arms flexed at the elbow and arms adducted toward the body with both legs extended.

Decorticate posturing.”

“What did you say Doc?”

“The posturing is critical since it indicates where the damage is in the central nervous system. A decorticate posturing indicates a lesion or a point of damage at or above the red nucleus. In other words, a decorticate lesion is closer to the cortex, as opposed to a DE cerebrate cortex that is closer to the brainstem.”

“So…”

“It’s not likely that he will wake up any time soon.”

“We should try to perform the Oculocephalic reflex.”

The doll's eye? Yes we need to assess the integrity of the brainstem.”

The Patient's eyelids were gently elevated and the cornea was visualized. His head moved to the left, to observe if the eyes stay or deviate toward the patient's right; same maneuver was attempted on the opposite side. If the patient's eyes move in a direction opposite to the direction of the rotation of the head, then the patient is said to have an intact brainstem. However, failure of both eyes to move to one side, can indicate damage or destruction of the affected side.

“His eyes are not moving! Has a damaged brainstem!”

“Yes, perhaps complete destruction of it.”

“He is at least alive.”

            What! At least I’m alive!  This sucks! What kind of medical professionals are you? Stop shaking my head from side to side and do your job! Can’t you hear me? Do as I say!

“Doc we found someone who says he knows the patient. He will be over in two hours.”

            Yeah he knows me, he knows my money! Whoever this bastard is he probably must be after inheritance! Ha screw you because I ain’t dead yet! So the jokes on you!

“Alesandro.”

            Ah you must be the scum that came to see me. What do you want?

“I don’t know if you can hear me but I would like to tell you something anyway.”

            Oh aren’t you the pontifex maximus! Why in hell would you waste your breath on such a pointless façade?

“You know that although you pushed us away we still love you. We all do.”

                    We? Who in the hell are you? Is this guy Eugene? No that douche would never come after what I did. Estevan nah, he gay as heck. Dennis maybe, oh yeah his sister. Demetrius, nope. Darius ha he wouldn’t be able to see me any way. Adonis. Ahhgh who is this guy?

“I don’t know how to say this...”

               What you some kind of retard?

“Your Mother died.”

              

“She told me that of all her kids she expected great things, but of them all, you surprised her the most. You are the chief executive officer of the most successful bank in Greece. You achieved so many great possessions. The things you have are so great that they filled the hole in your heart. Or so she had thought. You can never fill that cavity, you can only widen it. It seems that you widened it too much. To the point that in your chest there is no longer a heart to patch. You lost what is most precious and priceless to man.”

            Lub-dub-lub-dub-lub-dub…

“She died as the only woman in your life and the only woman to ever love you.”

Lub-dub-lub-dub-lub-dub…

“You may never get back on your feet but even if you do it would be better if you drove up to the Mytikas peak and threw yourself off of it.

            BEEEEEEEEEEEEEP. From the side of his face a single drop was shed. It processed across each pore but by the time it had wanted to arrive at the lips, Adrian had left the room and told the doctors.

Comments

Popular Posts