As we approach Lent...

As we approach lent we must think of three things: in Spanish it is oración, limosna y ayuno. In English it’s prayer, almsgiving, and fasting. 

We, especially I, will think of these things to have a more joyful Easter. For weeks I have been pondering on what to do for each. 

My prayer life could use some work. I have never really formed the habit of daily prayer or praying the Rosary, so I decided for Lent I want to PRAY the Rosary daily

I was not too sure what almsgiving was so I searched for the definition.  

        Giving alms is about donating your time, money, services, or resources to others.

Even though I strive to live as a volunteer, I feel I struggled the most with thinking of how to do this one. At the time I am writing this I still do not know what to do for this. 

I thought fasting was going to be the hard one but through homilies, videos and prayer I came to a pretty quick decision that I shall be FASTING from videogames and social media.

That is kind of the reason why I decided to make the blog active and give it a new look because of my time that I need to step away. I need it. I have put my readings on hold, prayers and many things aside due to my heavy reliance on it. 

I hope you found this informative and at the very least entertaining. I would like to end off as Fr. Tony says,"Cuaresma santa, Pascua feliz." or in English "Holy Lent, happy Easter".

What is your prayer, almsgiving and fasting for this Lenten season?

Comments

Popular Posts