To post or not to Post???

Is Social Media Helpful or Harmful?

In my opinion, I believe that it is the former.

This is my opinion, though the question may be up for discussion. I have left a link I find has some very strong coherent points.


I, in my humble opinion, recommend the use of social media. 

The smart use of social media! 

Yes, there are negative notions that will always arise, in everything. Where there is light shadows will form. Yet, that does not stop us from diving into places that have more pros than con’s just because of the slight chance that there might be things wrong with it.

In my personal experience, I have never suffered the “negatives” of web 2.0. There is a reason for that. I know how to use social media. I am not limiting or restraining anyone from social media, I only suggest doing good things sparingly before they cause harm.

To illustrate, candy is awesome! Yet, consuming candy regularly is detrimental in so many long-term ways. So too with social media.

In closing, it shall end with a challenge to all my readers, first: argue with me in the comments section about what I have said! Second: After the arguments and all things taken into consideration, are you social media dependent? Is your “candy” intake irregular or healthy? Decide for yourselves.

I hope you enjoyed this post and I invite you to check out my previous posts for more content. 



Comments

  1. I agree with you. Having precautions is helpful in many ways. I like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please expand on this. Why is it that you like this? Do you agree with me? How?

      Delete
  2. If we all engaged in other things rather than just pretend to be someone else in media or forget the world for it... Society would be a better place

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, how often do you see people prefering a rectangular screen above experiencing a real moment. Please feel free to continue.

      Delete
    2. It is great to know someone like you that has precautions on using media. I liked your blog keep on posting more. :)

      Delete
  3. I wouldn't say I am dependent of social media. I enjoy the entertainment it offers but I strive to have a life that requires activity without technology. I appreciate the analogy of the candy. It's good at first but after a while it will have its consequences. Thanks for the meme. That's one element of the social media I appreciate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the engagement. I am pleased that you enjoyed the post and commented.

      Delete
  4. I appreciate all of your comments so far, thank you for the feedback, i look forward to further comments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just a little update, since it has been almost a year since this was posted


    I still stand firm to Social media, and the Internet as a whole, as being useful. I still have not had any negative experience with it. Perhaps that is the reason why I still believe what I do. Any opinions, please feel free to voice them here in the comments section.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts