Once upon a time... Book One

After the sun set and howler monkey went to sleep, the little fishes of the river swim away and hide. 
GLUP GLUP GLUP SPLISH SPLASH GLUP GLUP GLUP
They swim away to their parents, they hide before the sun gets dark. 
After the last howler monkey roars... 
UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGH UGH UGH UGH UUGH 
The parrots in the sky fly towards home. 
Flapp Flapp Flapp... SQUUUUUUUUUAAAAAAAAAAAACK!
A little mammal comes out of the hollow of a tree. Its a Kinkajou.
More come out, mommy Kinkajou, and daddy Kinkajou. They start making sounds like a rubber ducky.
SQUEAK SQUEAK SQUEAK SQUEAK SQUEAK 
Let's find out what they are saying...

Mommy Kinkajou: 
Don't come out Keith, your Father and I will bring food when we come back. 

Baby Kinkajou: 
Mooooooom, I want to go outside.

Mommy Kinkajou: 
Not yet baby, it's not safe. 

The two Kinkajous left the tree and went down. 
As soon as they left, a woodpecker flew in. 
PECKPECKPECKPECKPECKPECKPECKPECKPECKPECKPECKPECKPECKPECKPECKPECKPECKPECKPECKPECKPECKPECKPECKPECKPECKPECKPECKPECKPECKPECKPECKPECKPECKPECKPECKPECKPECKPECKPECKPECKPECKPECKPECKPECKPECKPECKPECKPECKPEC
Wow! I what is he saying?

Woodpecker:
Come on Keith, the river's right there, it's right there, look outside, look outside, it's so so so so so so so so so close, come on, come on, come on, just this time, come on, please, please, pleaseplease, I want you to see it come outside, its super super fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Baby Kinkajou: 
Slow down, my Mom told me not to go outside, I don't want to disobey her.


Woodpecker:
You won't, no no no no no no no not one bit, not a tiny bit it will be just one little little tiny tiny smaaaaaaaall peek.Please Keith, I promise you if you come this time I will never ever ask again okay. 
Okay. 

The little Kinkajou is following the woodpecker. They both go down the tree and go to a little stream not too far away from the tree. 
The woodpecker swoops down to the surface of the water, and makes a tiny splash, he does this a few more times. 
The little Kinkajou sat watching on land. 


Baby Kinkajou: 
I can't fly like you.

Woodpecker:
You don't have to, you can swim, get in it's great! The water's great!


Baby Kinkajou: 
Swim? I don't think I can.

Woodpecker:
Everyone can!


Baby Kinkajou: 
What do I do?

Woodpecker:
Get in the water, that's it!


Baby Kinkajou: 
Okay. 

The little Kinkajou went in the shallow, but it looked like it wanted to go where the woodpecker was landing.
The Kinkajou went deeper, and deeper. 
Oh no! 
The water is carrying him away!


Woodpecker:
Keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeith!!!!!!!

Baby Kinkajou: 
Help!

The little Kinkajou is in trouble! 
The woodpecker can't help!
There is no one around that can help!
What will the little Kinkajou do?
Oh no!

Baby Kinkajou: 
Help me!

It looks like the little Kinkajou has begun to float! 
How can this be?
What is happening?
There is something in the water, it's a Bay Snook!

Bay Snook:
You should obey your parents Keith. 

Baby Kinkajou: 
Please don't tell mom. I don't want her to know I left the tree.

Bay Snook:
She came by a while ago, your mom told me to keep an eye out. Lately you have wanted to leave the tree, and she would not be surprised if you came here. I am telling your mom Keith.

Baby Kinkajou: 
Please don't tell mom.

Bay Snook:
I have to Keith. If I wasn't here, you could have gotten hurt. You would have made your mom really sad. I will tell her to keep an eye out for you. It's for your safety.

Baby Kinkajou: 
Please don't tell mom. She will never let me outside the tree if you tell her. 

Bay Snook:
Keith, she will let you out when you're ready. She will even take you with them when they go out. 
As for you woodpecker, it's not all Keith's fault. You told him to come. You shouldn't make a child disobey their parents.

Woodpecker:
I'm sorry. 

Bay Snook:
Good. Now take Keith back to his house. 

Woodpecker:
Okay. Let's go back Keith.

Baby Kinkajou: 
Okay. Thank you for helping me. 

Bay Snook:
Take care Keith.

The animals looked as if they were talking. 
This place is truly magical.
The Kinkajou and the woodpecker go back to the tree. 
The woodpecker leaves and the little baby Kinkajou goes to sleep before his parents return. 

Comments

Popular Posts