Plastic Man

Covid hit us a little over two years ago, and life hasn't returned to the same. I honestly don't know if it ever will. So much has changed, and so many people have died. Maybe you have lost a loved one in these times. You have my sympathies. 

In this post I would like to bring you if not a sliver of hope, a bit of joy. 

Today I was sitting outside and talking to my mom. I looked at the street and saw a slowly rising face walking uphill. It was so shocking to me when I saw him. Both my mom and I had thought that he died because there were rumors of the man that sold plastic's death. We were so surprised but so happy that he was alive. We told him that it was so good seeing him. We thought he died. He said yes, a couple people told me that today. We talked for a bit and then he said goodbye. 

I spent some time smiling with my mom and saying how cool that was. If only it were like that with everyone. If only it were like if the borders were closed, and one day it is opened and we slowly get to see all the people we loved and we talk about how it has been. 

I am not religious anymore. I used to be. However, I do still think it will be like that when we get to "meet up" again. It was such a strange occurrence, yet it felt right. I don't think 90 years give or take is all the time we have with the ones we love. So, I just want to tell you to start thinking of what you will tell that special person when you see them again. 

Comments

Popular Posts