I rode an airplane! Fifth goal for the year has been accomplished!

Divine Mercy Parish had a pilgrimage to the basilica in Mexico City from May 26th - 28th.

I heard about it on one of the nights we went over to help with the audio-visual part of the night. They mentioned it and I was shocked to remember that at the start of the year I wanted to fly on a smaller plane. I was interested and raised my hand to ask the price. It was like 700. At the time I felt like it was too much in too short of a notice. In under a month, I would have to have the money. My excitement for the pilgrimage lowered as I figured I just wouldn't go. Some days passed and I gave more thought to it. I decided to go. I saved money and spent less on food. I was relieved when I paid everything off. 

On Friday morning we went to Mass. Fr. Scott gave us each a scapular. We silently made our way to the side of Divine Mercy Church where the van, and the driver were waiting for us. I waited for everyone to put their luggage in, and Fr. Scott asked if I would like to go sit at the front. I told him okay. So, for the rest of the trip, I sat in the front, be it if it was an Uber, or the van, even on the plane I sat at some of the furthest to the front seats. 
So we drove from Divine Mercy Parish to Corozal, we picked up another person and went to the border to go into Mexico. We had to fill some paperwork which I thought was kind of much. It asked us where we were going to stay, how we were going to get there, and all sorts of details that luckily, we had. The person that planned it did a really good job. We got through and drove to the Chetumal airport. Since the trip was announced in under a month some people signed up faster than others. Because of that we were split in two groups on two flights. I was with the second group that left a bit later. So we waited at the airport until it was time.
My flight with the second group was on a airline called viva aerobus. I liked it. They were super nice; the plane ride was good and when I was checking in, they even said my bag can be put underneath the plane for free. Fr. Scott was joking that he wanted to be in my group so he could see when the plane takes off if I got scared and he was asking around if someone in group two could take a video of me when take-off. Here's the video:
At the start the ride was a bit bumpy because of turbulence. I can't say for the rest of it because I slept through it. We got to Mexico City's Airport and waited for my luggage to arrive. We walked out of there and waited for our Uber.
 
Funny thing is... we got to the Airbnb before the first group. True they had to go buy groceries before they got there but I think they had car problems, I'm not sure. Either way we got to the place first and had the owner give us a little tour of the place and I had time to explore on my own and go up to the roof. 
When the second group came, they made supper with some of the groceries they bought. As obvious as it was everyone wanted tacos. 
I can't remember what else happened that night. We had a little group discussion, and everyone went off to their rooms. I slept right through. I was kind of worried that there were no fans, but it was cold enough that it was cool even in the basement where we were. All this was day one. On day two we woke up early to catch the bus. The Uber was very expensive, and we wanted to save today. 








Long story short I rode on an airplane. It took me forever to write the above and to spare you the details of going into each thing we did I'm going to end this post with a video of me throwing the keys to the house back in. I thought I was throwing it slowly, but it hit the glass wall. You can tell I was worried about what had happened by my reaction. 

Comments

Popular Posts