Pick...

...a place you’ve never been to. Explain why you are moving there.


You know how as a kid you make a rocket ship using a Pringles can and some pieces of paper. You pick it up and imagine that you're inside the spaceship traveling around the universe. Well, for me, one kid doesn't have to imagine it anymore! NASA is sending me to Venus! There were these fliers on the street advertising volunteer positions at NASA for a "special mission". It didn't say it was a one way ticket to Venus, but doing anything there, even for free would be cool I thought. So I called the number and eventually got the job. They explained that I needed to complete some tests to see how long I would survive. I passed all of them, something I couldn't do in school. I know it is kind of a dick move to leave my family behind, but we haven't spoken in years. I have nothing to come back to. I don't want to miss out on the opportunity of seeing the stars closer. I know I'm going to die. So do soldiers off to war. We have that sense of duty, or perhaps we both feel we have nothing to lose. NASA is sending me to such an inhospitable place devoid of life but to be honest I'm looking forward to it. I get an all expense paid one way trip to Venus! I can't say I'm going to leave behind a wife and kids, or a girlfriend, or even a pet. I was the perfect man for the job. Someone had to do it. I'm glad it could be me.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts